First off, congratulations on your engagement! This is such a happy and exciting time in both your lives so don’t stress and worry about all of the little details, that’s what we’re here for 😉 Take a deep breath and go chill a bottle of champagne, everything will be fine. Of course there are a million and one things to do when planning a wedding, but here is a list of 6 IMMEDIATE “to-do’s” after the question has been popped:
- Although it may seem obvious, CALL your family and friends to let them know of the good news! You want your nearest and dearest to hear about the engagement personally….before everyone sees it on Facebook and Instagram.
- Get a manicure! Ladies, I’m giving you all an excuse to treat yourself 🙂 Once the word has spread about your engagement, everyone you run into will be asking you to show off your beautiful ring, so make sure your nails are looking their best.
- Be prepared for the “When is the big day?” question. If you don’t have a date picked out, that’s totally fine, but we recommend being prepared to answer with a season or month that you are hoping to get married in. That will satisfy their inquiry and move you right along to their remaining 20 questions, lol!
- Going along with the 20 questions, another question you will be asked will be about the proposal. Think about a few key moments to share with everyone. You don’t need to give a play by play, and anyways, you’ll want to keep some of those special details just between you and your fiancée!
- Get your ring appraised and insured!
- Guesstimate your magic number. Sit down with your fiancée and start a rough guest list. This is a very important number and just about everything in the wedding planning process is based on it; from the venue to the budget, you’ll want to have a close estimate.
- Here’s where the champagne comes into play 🙂 Buy a wedding notebook, some bridal magazines, pop open a bottle of champagne and relax! Flip through those magazines, scroll through some Pinterest boards and write down any ideas, likes or dislikes that pop into your head. The more information you have to share with your wedding planner, the better we will be able to make your dream a reality.
Join our email list to receive the latest news, updates and for more great tips and tricks! CLICK HERE